Most stupid thing you've done in photoshop
INDEX » ARTISTIC HELP » MOST STUPID THING YOU'VE DONE IN PHOTOSHOP PAGES: 1 2 3 4

(#1)
#r2on
R2on
Pageviews: 11,343
Member No.: 3,672

Inspired by the "12 most common photoshop mistakes" topic I decided to create one similar. Share your dumbest mistakes using photoshop or any other art related program.

Myself;

I was working on this piece for two hours straight without saving (dumb mistake #1) when I went downstairs for dinner I forgot about not saving and just left my PC on. Little did I know that windows XP decided to auto-update itself and restart the computer for me (how pleasant..) so I lost two hours worth of progress sad

I am sure I am not the only one (eventhough this was pretty stupid) so share your stories here!

_/_/_/      _/_/                       
           _/     _/  _/    _/ 
          _/_/_/        _/   
         _/    _/    _/     
        _/    _/  _/_/_/_/     
(#2)
Hido
Pageviews: 430
Member No.: 6,053

My bigest mistake is to not work in layer masks. Sometimes I forget it and then I work a little while and want to change something. Then it's no way back.

(#3)
Shane
UVSoaked
Pageviews: 64,556
Member No.: 37

Heh ya, I always duplicate my layers for backup. And I do it so many times; I have tons of layers. :3

http://i.imgur.com/VuYUZC8.jpg

(#4)
tannydore
chix0r digs me
Pageviews: 20,697
Member No.: 524

i dont know of any that i do, but im sure there are tons lol

mom?
(#5)
BirdUnit
Bird
Pageviews: 494
Member No.: 5,937

This sucks! I would be either using the poly lasso tool or the pen tool and rendering out something when i would accidentally double click only being half way done....and it selects a big diagonal line from the start point to the finish point.

(#6)
anml
the chief
Pageviews: 308,033
Member No.: 3,279

BirdUnit wrote:

This sucks! I would be either using the poly lasso tool or the pen tool and rendering out something when i would accidentally double click only being half way done....and it selects a big diagonal line from the start point to the finish point.

get a tablet tongue

+lostnotfound
you can do it street
no one can soft erase like you can
(#7)
Design Philled
Is Learning
Pageviews: 2,783
Member No.: 5,898

BirdUnit wrote:

OMG this irritates me quite a bit. For some reason, Ps also likes to just complete the selection on its own sometimes resulting in the same problem. A tablet would be nice, but that requires something which I have none of at the moment...money.

(#8)
mehcore
Pageviews: 950
Member No.: 6,083

Attempted to key bind ALT+F4...

(#9)
Kamas
Pageviews: 535
Member No.: 6,251

saved as Companylogo.v1 NEVER DO THAT!! NEVER use a period EVER! It wont open and you will have a fit until you figure out how to fix it. Took me forever to figure out I can just ran name it.

(#10)
InfiniteX
Pageviews: 650
Member No.: 6,260

Created a Logo for the school Newspaper and unsaved, Took forever to redo it lol

(#11)
Tranquility
Pageviews: 702
Member No.: 6,052

Accidentally making a new document which was extremely huge in size. 10000000 pixels by 40000000 pixels, by accident, jamming my computer.

After rebooting, I couldn't open PS. #$%#^$#!

(#12)
lemonjuice
Pageviews: 653
Member No.: 6,035

Hido wrote:

My bigest mistake is to not work in layer masks. Sometimes I forget it and then I work a little while and want to change something. Then it's no way back.

Yeah, I've the same problem. Often when I use smudge or something like that in a tag then i often forget to start a new layer. yikes

(#13)
NeonDaydreams
Multimedia Designer
Pageviews: 1,119
Member No.: 5,403

Tranquility wrote:

Accidentally making a new document which was extremely huge in size. 10000000 pixels by 40000000 pixels, by accident, jamming my computer.

Haha that perfectly describes my worst photoshop mistake.

(#14)
trumanski
Pageviews: 407
Member No.: 6,413

some how changed my cursor to a cross so every time I use the wand or paintbrush it shows a cross this sucks... how do I change it back?

(#15)
NeonDaydreams
Multimedia Designer
Pageviews: 1,119
Member No.: 5,403

I believe you have caps lock on

INDEX » ARTISTIC HELP » MOST STUPID THING YOU'VE DONE IN PHOTOSHOP PAGES: 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply
Write your message and submit

You must register to access this feature.