Quote Unquote Released!
INDEX » UPDATES » QUOTE UNQUOTE RELEASED! PAGES: 1 2

(#1)
+Street
Pageviews: 208,571
Member No.: 4

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Since New Era's release three months ago, the reception the slashTHREE staff and artists have received for this project has been mind-blowing. It was on show at OFFF 2011, as well as SIGGRAPH 2011 and on our very own online shop. We are proud to report that the “New Era” books have been completely sold out, and we would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for the overwhelming amount of support.

Today however, the collective proudly unveils its seventeenth exhibition, an exhibition in which the artists were asked to reflect on some of the literature that inspires them in their daily lives. Each piece in “Quote Unquote” is based on a quote – famous, cultural, or even from the artist’s own life – and is created to represent that quote and its meaning to the artist. The result is a library of 60 of the collective’s finest and most personally meaningful works to date.

Just before the New Era project was launched, slashTHREE welcomed Tarin Yuangtrakul, a 19 year old artist from Thailand. Tarin’s impact on the collective was instantaneous, and his two submissions to “Quote Unquote” demonstrate the progress he has made as an artist since joining the collective, and showed true dedication to the exhibition. Tarin’s sublime mixture of traditional and digital art was something new which captivated the entire artist core. Tarin Yuangtrakul has become not only the first traditional artist to be named as the “featured artist” for a slashTHREE exhibition, but also the youngest artist in slashTHREE’s history to receive the honour. Site Director Saad Moosajee sat down with Tarin to discuss life and art; you can read the interview here.

There is a number of amazing things coming from SlashTHREE in the second half of 2011, so keep an eye on our home page, as well as our Facebook and Twitter accounts for announcements and updates! For now though, please feast your eyes on Exhibition 17: “Quote Unquote”.

Sincerely,
SlashTHREE Public Relations

(#2)
#Mattzy
Mattzy
Pageviews: 11,448
Member No.: 1,412

awesome stuff guys! smile

http://cargocollective.com/mattzy

(#3)
*NEO
Pageviews: 18,547
Member No.: 1,558

Congratulations to everyone who participated big_smile!

(#4)
+lostnotfound
Site Director
Pageviews: 155,942
Member No.: 356

hoorah

(#5)
*departed
THEUNKNOWNBEING
Pageviews: 43,450
Member No.: 1,692
(#6)
#synectic
i'm pretty good at making paper planes
Pageviews: 6,707
Member No.: 7,144

Thanks for the feature, looks like a really fantastic pack. Great job everyone.

(#7)
alee.
Pageviews: 1,830
Member No.: 5,841

shields and tabname, you're not human guys

(#8)
.Daze
Grahic/Web Designer
Pageviews: 5,317
Member No.: 2,209

simply amazing

Portfolio- http://cargocollective.com/intoadaze
DeviantArt- http://dazegrafix.deviantart.com/
Behance- http://www.behance.net/JosueIniguez

"I applied at evoke, and got IN but then i got slashed3 times by a digital flow in my heartsurge that i was sent to cosmosys and got digital hysteria. I then had to be revuhrsed back to the luminarium where depth core became my Identity" -Daze

(#9)
*Mono
indecent long exposure
Pageviews: 15,624
Member No.: 4,102

I think the quotations idea worked out really well, the artworks are excellent as usual but having the text alongside does add more depth and has made for a more interesting exhibit. Also on the photo front, congrats to Nichlas - creating a very strong app piece which gets you into the s3, and then ends up being featured in the exhibition - not a bad start!

(#10)
*h2o
florishermsen.com
Pageviews: 20,384
Member No.: 621

Mono wrote:

I think the quotations idea worked out really well, the artworks are excellent as usual but having the text alongside does add more depth and has made for a more interesting exhibit. Also on the photo front, congrats to Nichlas - creating a very strong app piece which gets you into the s3, and then ends up being featured in the exhibition - not a bad start!

Thanks for the reminder. That was a good effort indeed.

(#11)
Shane
UVSoaked
Pageviews: 65,411
Member No.: 37

Look's awesome! smile

http://i.imgur.com/VuYUZC8.jpg

(#12)
#BennyBrand
BennyBrand
Pageviews: 4,471
Member No.: 8,506

Great pack! Also loved the photo from Nichlas..

Previously edited by BennyBrand (September 5th, 2011 3:46 AM)

(#13)
#NichlasBoysen
NichlasBoysen
Pageviews: 4,440
Member No.: 8,650

BennyBrand wrote:

Great pack! Also loved the photo from Nichlas..

Thank you very much smile

(#14)
#NichlasBoysen
NichlasBoysen
Pageviews: 4,440
Member No.: 8,650

Mono wrote:

Yeah it's pretty amazing. Couldn't think about a better start.

Thank you very much smile

(#15)
cruckntask
Pageviews: 1,105
Member No.: 8,767

Love the idea of the pack

INDEX » UPDATES » QUOTE UNQUOTE RELEASED! PAGES: 1 2
Quick Reply
Write your message and submit

You must register to access this feature.