expansion possibilities
INDEX » COMMENTS » EXPANSION POSSIBILITIES PAGES: 1

(#1)
anml
the chief
Pageviews: 327,643
Member No.: 3,279

I have been thinking for a while now that s3, imo, could expand itself and, if all goes according to concept and theory, become even better than it is. what I mean by expanding is, creating a newer sense of community. there really is no means, on this site alone, to advance from beginner to an intermediate artist. critiques here are excellent, but there really is not much involvement thereafter. s3 is mostly a display case for current amazing artists, and s3 has a lot of them. I couldn't even name a few without feeling guilty for not choosing the others. a way of doing this, that I have seen in the past and participated in, are graphic chains: someone starts something, puts the picture of what they have, and some replies if they want to continue it. if someone does a bad job, they can still use the original etc., but this can actually challenge people to try working on pieces that they have not done before, as well as get feedback from the people that are working on it which gives them a whole new perspective from the simple step 1, step 2, do this then that tutorial. it just helps build collaborative feedback on a closer level than simple straight forward tutorials.

Previously edited by anml (April 24th, 2009 9:03 AM)

+lostnotfound
you can do it street
no one can soft erase like you can
(#2)
*.cletuS
WTF?
Pageviews: 81,140
Member No.: 158

hmm i understand, maybe we can sort some community activity out to push our members to help better themselves and the community

good idea

lawlhalla is my master

http://www.randomforumtitle.com/download/file.php?avatar=53_1288713237.png

(#3)
understated
Blah, bLah, BLah, bLaH....
Pageviews: 1,387
Member No.: 3,950

Sounds like an interesting concept

(#4)
napalm
i am all that is man
Pageviews: 27,469
Member No.: 49

i remember climb-x trying to get one of those things to work...it never really worked out like planned but we can put it on the drawing board if it gets enough support.

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3114/oldmarineslogo.jpg
(#5)
anml
the chief
Pageviews: 327,643
Member No.: 3,279

napalm wrote:

i remember climb-x trying to get one of those things to work...it never really worked out like planned but we can put it on the drawing board if it gets enough support.

good stuff. btw napalm sorry if I offended you in that post that veered to the military. I didn't mean to imply that the army wasn't worth joining.

+lostnotfound
you can do it street
no one can soft erase like you can
(#6)
Shane
UVSoaked
Pageviews: 66,085
Member No.: 37

Sounds like it could help the community very much, especially if we focused on it quite a bit!

http://i.imgur.com/VuYUZC8.jpg

(#7)
Drew
Retired Moderator
Pageviews: 11,347
Member No.: 4,942

Sounds like a good collaboration idea.  This would help increase activity as well as lessen the barriers between different level of artisans, as it would be made as a "community".  Good stuff.

INDEX » COMMENTS » EXPANSION POSSIBILITIES PAGES: 1
Quick Reply
Write your message and submit

You must register to access this feature.