competitions?
INDEX » COMMENTS » COMPETITIONS? PAGES: 1 2 3 4

(#31)
anml
the chief
Pageviews: 356,689
Member No.: 3,279

departed wrote:

nah, if... even if, photography would be the only thing I'd like to see.

that could be very good, actually. there could be a 'theme of the week' and you'd have to capture it as best as you could. that'd be interesting... i'll talk to street about that.

+lostnotfound
you can do it street
no one can soft erase like you can
(#32)
Drew
Retired Moderator
Pageviews: 11,680
Member No.: 4,942

Yeah definitely a Photography or LA contest would be cool.  We'd have to get someone to come up with a few themes, we would need unique ones as well, as opposed to having "freestyle" theme every week (which gets quite boring).

Also, we'd need to work out some sort of a tag system awarded to winners.

(#33)
ekul
DIGITALJEBUZ
Pageviews: 1,007
Member No.: 4,622

Yeah, most likely we would go with AOTM or AOTF (Art of the Month or Art of the Fortnight), as we are mostly LP artists.

Try not to generalize, there are painters, manipulators, photographers, 3D artists, animators/vfx'ers using this forum, labelling the community as *LP artists* is too vague, and trying to please all the aforementioned fields with just one competition would be real difficult, so I think just have an *AOTM* or whatever, (which was a complete failiure over at an un-named forum) would be missing the mark here..

Previously edited by ekul (June 7th, 2009 10:00 AM)

(#34)
Carutal
Banned
Pageviews: 674
Member No.: 4,128

Nice ideas

Last Tag:
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc201/ciack93/Sowt03.png

(#35)
AjAMz BoY
Pageviews: 23,174
Member No.: 494

Nice idea's.. a lot of people suggested this before, but I don't know. If you're going to make competitions, should be REALLY unique and decent idea's that don't exist on other forums, we don't need no SOTW'S or LPOTW'S. You know what I mean.

(#36)
ciacho
Pageviews: 667
Member No.: 3,050

i agree that the comptetition is a good idea, but there should be only one competition per month with random subjects, example

1month: lp
2monht: 3d

etc etc

(#37)
*Mono
indecent long exposure
Pageviews: 18,920
Member No.: 4,102

An album covers theme would be fun smile

(#38)
baKIN
is an asshole.
Pageviews: 13,016
Member No.: 1,289

While we do encourage members to suggest innovative ideas, I must remind everyone that we're not some random signature site that needs to do arrange weekly, monthly, yearly activities. We, as an art collective, strive to make our exhibitions one of the best, but the less time, effort and energy we apply to our packs, the less our packs are going to be good at all.

I'd encourage you to maybe organize something yourself, but I, for one, would not agree to assign any of the staff to organize such unless they truly had the will to commit themselves to it.

(#39)
ewok
:3
Pageviews: 4,753
Member No.: 371

baKIN wrote:

While we do encourage members to suggest innovative ideas, I must remind everyone that we're not some random signature site that needs to do arrange weekly, monthly, yearly activities. We, as an art collective, strive to make our exhibitions one of the best, but the less time, effort and energy we apply to our packs, the less our packs are going to be good at all.

I'd encourage you to maybe organize something yourself, but I, for one, would not agree to assign any of the staff to organize such unless they truly had the will to commit themselves to it.

that just sounds elitist, I would watch it

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z295/13door/minolta.jpg
(#40)
kamiseizure
THE KING
Pageviews: 14,529
Member No.: 4,121

As far as i know, all of this is being taken into serious consideration by our admins, and should be included in the site soon.

True this can be considered a fairly elitist commune, but not in any intentionally condescending way. We do strive for the best quality in our artpacks, and the results are proper, imo. I personally like the elitist attitude concerning the official s3 art releases. BUT thats just me.

So, all that to say, your queries have been taken into serious consideration.

im on a boat
(#41)
Dann
Pageviews: 502
Member No.: 5,794

I somehow agree that slashTHREE should not take in Competition to a weekly level, at all. I believe in Competition, and find it being extremely helpful and entertaining, but the harsh decision of establishing a period of within a week to conclude a finalized piece becomes a synonym of "Restriction".

Personally, I would like to see a Photography and Graphical/Illustrative Competition every month -- That'd be very interesting, and it would surely bring more people around, coming creamed off interest and curiosity as to what's been done in here.

I hope to have not been to harsh on my post, considering I just began to look around two days ago.

Dann

(#42)
Revo
Pageviews: 644
Member No.: 3,169

Dann wrote:

I somehow agree that slashTHREE should not take in Competition to a weekly level, at all. I believe in Competition, and find it being extremely helpful and entertaining, but the harsh decision of establishing a period of within a week to conclude a finalized piece becomes a synonym of "Restriction".

Personally, I would like to see a Photography and Graphical/Illustrative Competition every month -- That'd be very interesting, and it would surely bring more people around, coming creamed off interest and curiosity as to what's been done in here.

I hope to have not been to harsh on my post, considering I just began to look around two days ago.

Dann

I totaly agree with you. Monthly competitions would be nice...

-
Revo

(#43)
adhd
Pageviews: 451
Member No.: 5,926

great idea

(#44)
geoffshepard
Pageviews: 428
Member No.: 6,043

a monthly competition would work well in my opinion but a weekly would be too often to  promote works of excellnce

(#45)
Drew
Retired Moderator
Pageviews: 11,680
Member No.: 4,942

Yeah, that's a good point, competitions have always been discussed but our artists need to work on the packs, and rarely have time to submit.  I mean it's always a possibility but we would need a larger active member base willing to submit LPs for a competition.

INDEX » COMMENTS » COMPETITIONS? PAGES: 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply
Write your message and submit

You must register to access this feature.